JOB TITLE: Certified Police Officer
JOB SUMMARY: Position responsible for providing police services to the public for the purpose of maintaining public order and safety.
SAFETY: Employee responsible for adhering to all safety procedures and regulations established by the Department, the City and all State and Federal organizations. Any safety concern should be reported to a supervisor immediately.
- Patrols areas within the City limits and enforces state and local laws; investigates crimes against persons and property and traffic accidents; apprehends and arrests criminals; serves warrants, subpoenas and other writs; processes bookings and photographs.
- Is responsible for promoting good public relations and performs such duties as providing house security checks, emergency protection, providing escorts through the City, conducting security stand-by and providing money escorts. Engages in Community Oriented Policing activities.
- Provides information and assistance to the general public.
- Prepares and presents cases in court.
- Responds to emergency alarms as needed to include burglar alarms, armed robberies, assaults, domestic violence and prowler calls.
- Receives, reviews, processes, files and/or submits various reports and records including incident reports, supplement reports, accident reports, booking reports, witness statements, activity sheets, various forms and records, training reports and affidavits.
- Performs crime scene processing as necessary.
- Rolls fingerprints for criminals and citizens.
- Operates computers with a wide variety of applications and functions.
- Assists other law enforcement agencies as needed.
- Performs desk and dispatch duties as needed.
- Serves as back up to co-workers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of local, state and federal criminal and civil law.
- Knowledge of the procedures, guidelines and equipment used in law enforcement activities.
- Knowledge of the geographic layout of the City.
- Skill in implementation and enforcement of polices and guidelines.
- Skill in the use of firearms and other specialized law enforcement equipment.
- Ability to successfully complete police officer certification through the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy.
- Ability to use computers and various software programs, to include Word and Excel.
- Ability to obtain DataMaster and RADAR/LIDAR Certifications.
- Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The supervisor assigns work in terms of general instructions, requiring employee to use judgment. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, and accuracy and may verify final results.
- GUIDELINES: Guidelines include South Carolina State laws, City codes, Federal Laws, CALEA Standards, City policies and department SOP's. These guidelines are generally clear and specific but may require some interpretation.
- COMPLEXITY: The work consists of varied technical law enforcement duties. The necessity of responding to potentially life-threatening situations contributes to the complexity of the position.
- SCOPE AND EFFECT: The purpose of this position is to ensure law and order is maintained in the City. Successful performance provides a safe community for the citizens.
- PERSONAL CONTACTS: Contacts are typically with City employees, other law enforcement agencies, attorneys, judges and the general public.
- PURPOSE OF CONTACTS: Contacts are typically to give or exchange information and to resolve conflicts.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, bending, crouching or walking. The employee frequently lifts light and heavy objects, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and must be able to distinguish between shades of color. The employee must be in good physical condition in order to carry out law enforcement duties and pass a physical every two years.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work is typically performed in the field exposed to inclement weather and traffic. The work requires the use of protective devices. Employee is exposed to hostile and volatile situations and may be exposed to situations that are life-threatening.
- SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: None.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid South Carolina Driver’s License.
This position is for a certified police officer. Certification from the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy or another state’s law enforcement training academy, B.L.E.T. or P.O.S.T. required.
Code Enforcement Officer/Ordinance Officer
The Town of Moncks Corner is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Code Enforcement Officer/ Ordinance Officer.
Under the administrative supervision of the Building Official, performs skilled technical inspections and plan review in the area of building construction. Position is responsible for ensuring building/fire code and life safety compliance through inspection of new and existing structures in accordance with the applicable codes as required by the State of South Carolina as well as the Town of Moncks Corner ordinances. This position performs complex inspections and enforcement of building/fire construction codes, ordinances and regulations. Performs related work as required.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Requires an Associate’s degree in engineering/architecture or a closely related field supplemented by two to three years of experience in building/fire inspection or construction; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Must possess the appropriate registration and certification for code enforcement officers as mandated by the State of South Carolina. Must possess a valid state driver's license. Grade 18 ($38,668 - $54,135)
Applications may be obtained by visiting: www.townofmonckscorner.sc.gov
Preference will be given to applicants having ICC certifications in Residential Construction and Fire Inspector I or ability to obtain within one year of hire.
Full job description available at Town of Moncks Corner Administrative Offices.
The Town of Moncks Corner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Part Time Facilitator/Coordinator – Recreation Department
Moncks Corner Recreation Department will be accepting applications for a part time Facilitator/Coordinator. This is a part time position with no benefits.Duties to include but not limited to supervising youth practices and games for all sports, supervise concession stand workers, cheerleader coordinator for football season, work concession stand as needed, communicate with coaches and parents, communicate with other recreation departments, attend tournament games for designated sports as needed, assist with hosting tournaments at Youth Field Complex as needed and all other duties designated by Director as needed. Person must be able to lift 20 pounds.Individual must possess a valid SC driver’s license. Applications may be obtained at www.townofmonckscorner.sc.gov or in person at Moncks Corner Municipal Complex, 118 Carolina Ave., Moncks Corner, SC 29461. Applications will be accepted until filled. Salary $11.146 per hr. EOE