The Moncks Corner Police Department has two positions currently open for Police Officers. Certified officers will be considered first. You may hand deliver, mail or fax your application to:
Moncks Corner Police Department
118 Carolina Ave.
Moncks Corner, SC 29461
TITLE: Police Officer
JOB SUMMARY: Position responsible for providing police services to the public
for the purpose of maintaining public order and safety.
SAFETY: Employee responsible for adhering to all safety procedures and
regulations established by the Department, the Town and all State and Federal
organizations. Any safety concern should be reported to a supervisor
• Patrols areas within the Town limits and enforces state and local laws;
investigates crimes against persons and property and traffic accidents;
apprehends and arrests criminals; serves warrants, subpoenas and other writs;
processes bookings and photographs.
• Is responsible for promoting good public relations and performs such duties
as providing house security checks, emergency protection, providing escorts
through the Town, conducting security stand-by and providing money escorts.
Engages in Community Oriented Policing activities.
• Provides information and assistance to the general public.
• Prepares and presents cases in court.
• Responds to emergency alarms as needed to include burglar alarms, armed
robberies, assaults, domestic violence and prowler calls.
• Receives, reviews, processes, files and/or submits various reports and
records including incident reports, supplement reports, accident reports,
booking reports, witness statements, activity sheets, various forms and
records, training reports and affidavits.
• Performs crime scene processing as necessary.
• Rolls fingerprints for criminals and citizens.
• Operates computers with a wide variety of applications and functions.
• Assists other law enforcement agencies as needed.
• Performs desk and dispatch duties as needed.
• Serves as back up to co-workers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of local, state and federal criminal and civil law.
• Knowledge of the procedures, guidelines and equipment used in law enforcement
• Knowledge of the geographic layout of the Town.
• Skill in implementation and enforcement of polices and guidelines.
• Skill in the use of firearms and other specialized law enforcement equipment.
• Ability to successfully complete police officer certification through the
South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy.
• Ability to use computers and various software programs, to include Word and
• Ability to obtain DataMaster and RADAR/LIDAR Certifications.
• Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The supervisor assigns work in terms of general
instructions, requiring employee to use judgment. The supervisor spot-checks
completed work for compliance with procedures, and accuracy and may verify
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include South Carolina State laws, City codes, Federal
Laws, CALEA Standards, Town policies and department SOP's. These guidelines are
generally clear and specific but may require some interpretation.
COMPLEXITY: The work consists of varied technical law enforcement duties. The
necessity of responding to potentially life-threatening situations contributes
to the complexity of the position.
SCOPE AND EFFECT: The purpose of this position is to ensure law and order is
maintained in the City. Successful performance provides a safe community for
PERSONAL CONTACTS: Contacts are typically with Town employees, other law
enforcement agencies, attorneys, judges and the general public.
PURPOSE OF CONTACTS: Contacts are typically to give or exchange information and
to resolve conflicts.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting,
standing, stooping, bending, crouching or walking. The employee frequently
lifts light and heavy objects, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree
of dexterity, and must be able to distinguish between shades of color. The
employee must be in good physical condition in order to carry out law
enforcement duties and pass a physical every two years.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work is typically performed in the field exposed to
inclement weather and traffic. The work requires the use of protective devices.
Employee is exposed to hostile and volatile situations and may be exposed to
situations that are life-threatening.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: None.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Valid South Carolina Driver’s License.
This position is for a certified
police officer. Certification from the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy
or another state’s law enforcement training academy, B.L.E.T. or P.O.S.T.