The Public Service Department is a division of the Town of Moncks Corner and is a multi-function department.
DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC SERVICES
The Public Service Department is responsible for:
- The upkeep of the Town's landscaping and beautification needs. As part of the beautification process the staff constantly picks up litter throughout the Town.
- Special landscaping is done seasonal such as the planting of the main thoroughfares coming into Town and flowerpots that are placed along Main Street.
- Periodic street sweeping.
- Right-of-ways are cut and maintained on a regular basis to help keep our streets neat and clean.
- Street signs are installed and maintained throughout the corporate limits.
- Removal of dead animals from the streets and right of ways.
- Installation of flags, banners, Christmas decorations and pole lighting for the Town, The Depot, Unity Park and Lacey Park.
- Facilitating the resolution of complaints regarding drainage and flooding throughout the corporate limits. The Town is not responsible for drainage, ditches, streets and pot holes, however, a coordinated effort is made with Berkeley County and the SC Department of Transportation Maintence Department to help keep ditches and streets maintainted and to address these and other matters for our citizens.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Animal Control is handled through a mutual agreement with Berkeley County, 843-719-4210.