The Building Department's Mission Statement reflects its protection of life, health and property as a solemn responsibility of the highest order. Recognizing the public's trust bestowed upon individuals engaged in the administration and enforcement of building regulatory codes, the Building Department advocates its commitments to a standard of professional behavior that exemplifies the highest ideals and principles of ethical conduct.
Types of Inspections we conduct include:
6. Fire Sprinkler and Fire Alarm
8. Cellular Towers / Work Units
9. Swimming Pools
10. Construction Trailers
11. Manufactured Home Installation
Note: Contact the Building Department for the detailed inspection list under each type or discipline.
Building Department Functions:
1. Conduct Residential and Commercial Building Inspections For New Construction
2. Conduct Residential and Commercial Plan Reviews For Code Compliance
3. Conduct Commercial Plan Reviews For Sprinkler Systems and Fire Alarms
4. Building Code Interpretation
5. Flood Plains Management
6. Fire Marshall Service
7. Manufactured Home Installation Inspections
8. Codes Enforcement for the County Zoning Ordinance
This Office Does Not:
1. Provide Licenses For Contractors (visit LLR website (link is external))
2. Process Complaints Against Contractors (visit LLR website (link is external))
3. Conduct Septic Tank Approval (click her for instructions to download an application)
4. Certify Wind Zone 2 Manufactured Homes (contact the manufacturer of your manufactured home)
5. Provide code book (click here)
Building Codes and Plans Preparation:
1. The Town of Moncks Corner enforces the latest South Carolina State adopted versions of the International Building Code, International Residential Code, International Mechanical Code, International Plumbing Code, International Gas Code, International Fire Code, International Energy Efficiency Code and the National Electric Code.
2. Building plans must be designed by a State of South Carolina licensed Design Professional (Engineer and/or Architect) for Residential and Commercial. See Building and Building Regulations under Permitting link for exceptions to residential requirements.
3. Design criteria for plan submittal must meet a minimum of 115 mph winds; "D" Seismic for Commercial and "D-2" Seismic for Residential. Plans shall have a Code Analysis, Design Pressures (D/P Rating) for all doors and windows, soils reports for commercial and soils assumption for residential, detailed construction documents for all disciplines. Required Special Inspections for Commercial Projects.
Instructions For Downloading A Septic Tank Application
1. Go To http://www.scdhec.gov/Environment/PermitCentral/ApplicationForms/ (link is external)
2. Scroll down to the Septic Tanks section.
3. Choose "Application for Permit to Construct an Individual Sewage Treatment and Disposal System"
Forms and Applications:
Building Permit - Residential
Building Permit - Commercial & Multi-Family
Plan Review Application
Manufactured Home Application
Credit Card Authorization Form