Downtown Hotel Request for Interest
2017 BUSINESS LICENSE NOTICE
Business license for the calendar year 2017 are due to the Town of Moncks Corner January of each year. Business License not obtained on or before April 30, 2017 will be subject to penalties of five percent (5%) each month, compounded monthly.
Licenses are required for most business activities, not just retail businesses. All businesses with questions should call or come by the Town of Moncks Corner to determine if your business activity requires a business license.
Business License applications can be obtained from the Administration Office of the Town of Moncks Corner located at the Municipal Complex, 118 Carolina Avenue. Please be advised that failure to receive a notice shall not constitute a defense to prosecution for failure to pay the tax due or grounds for waiver of penalties.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated and if you have any questions regarding Business License, please feel free to call 843-719-7900 for assistance.
In an effort to ensure that revenue collected as a result of the two percent (2%) accommodations tax are identified and distributed appropriately, the South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR) is requesting your assistance.
The SCDOR has created an Accommodations Tax Fact Sheet (please see attachment).
The information contained in this document is intended only to provide general information related to sales tax imposed on accommodations.
The fact sheet answers the following questions:
- Do you have to register with the Department of Revenue to pay the statewide sales tax on accommodations?
- How do I obtain a retail license?
- What is the cost of a retail license (for accommodations) and how long is it valid? Do I need to renew it every year?
- If a person charges for renting a room or for otherwise furnishing sleeping accommodations, would the charge be subject to the state sales tax and what is the tax rate?
- Are there any charges for accommodations that are not subject to sales tax?
- How do you report and pay tax electronically?
- What form or forms do you use to report and pay sales tax on accommodations?
- When is the accommodations tax return due?
This document will be posted on the DOR website www.sctax.org and distributed to attendees of our Accommodations Tax Seminars and Basic Accommodations Tax Workshops.
Link to Berkeley County Chamber of Commerce
Annual Drinking Water Quality Report